10:40 AM

The depths of my Freedom

For this election I find myself torn between voting for two candidates. Neither of them however is Obama.

I live in California, and it's pretty well understood that because of the masses of Democrats living in San Fransisco and L.A. that the rest of us have basically lost a voice in the Presidential Election. I accepted months ago that my vote will not count this year. Since I'm not supporting a candidate whose views are shady at best I'm left with the other guy.

I honestly believe that Obama is going to win this election. Not to sound prophetic or anything, but it's kind of been apparent that he would ever since he gave his address at the Democratic National Convention 4 years ago. The press loves him and has been behind him from then on.

Sadly, my Republican party couldn't see the value in their best candidate. And so comes my decision. Do I write in my real preference for president? In other words, do I vote my conscience? Or do I instead resign myself to voting for the lesser of two evils?

0 comments: