5:27 PM

Monterey Trip

I love Monterey and Meg will testify to the depression and anger that I felt at having to leave paradise. It is the only town that I enjoy more than my own city.

Although the reason for our trip was to see the wedding of Taylor to Melina (spelling?) we really only spent about 3 hours in close proximity to them, and I still haven't actually met my newest cousin-in-law.

We did however get to have some other great times. Randy's Sandwich shop (which can be seen with google.com/maps street view feature got our money twice and Compango's (My other favorite sammich) got my money once. The Bagel Bakery was breakfast every morning but one, when Granmama made everyone pancackes. I swear I will steal that skillet someday, because I've used the recipe and they never turn out quite right.

In lieu of photos of the trip on the blog (isn't it interesting how picasa, flickr and the like have become the new 'slides of our trip' forum) Meg uploaded them to picasa and I post for you here the graphic evidence of our travels.

http://picasaweb.google.com/margaret.riddle/MontereySeptember09#5244081233183503026

Wait that's just my favorite shot of Logan.

http://picasaweb.google.com/margaret.riddle

Try that one.

2 comments:

The Metcalf Five said...

Is Logan peeing on the car wheel? HA! Cause that is what it looks like. I am SO JEALOUS that you guys got to go and I couldn't make it. Bummer. I am glad that you were able to go and have fun.

Chuck said...

He is in fact peeing on the car.

They had a long drive from the temple back to Grandmama's house, and apparently he couldn't hold it the next 2 minutes to get into the house.

He probably chose the better course of action since there were so many people with the same need, that he would have had to wait in line to use the bathroom.