3:21 PM

Caterpillars that like Parsley


We got some and they're going to turn into beautiful butterflies. Did I already write about this? Well I'm gonna again if I haven't already.

On the parsley in our garden, which by the way we haven't eaten any of, we found some caterpillars. They're green with black and orange spots and super fat like caterpillars are. They looked a lot like the one on "Bug's Life" actually. Meg looked them up online and found out that they are called parsley caterpillars. Go figure.

The boys got really excited about seeing them turn into butterflies so Meg found a mason jar and put them in it with a stick and some parsley then covered it with some nylons. One has already made a cocoon and the other two (did I mention there are three of them?) are starting on cocoons as well. Meg's taken pictures. I'll see if she'll add them to the post here.

0 comments: