5:14 PM

Do I? I really don't... Do I?

It occurs to me that most of the blogs that I follow are families documenting fun experiences they're having. I have spent woefully little time posting pictures of myself, or my wife and kids or even making commentary on their lives. Mostly I do that on my Facebook though, so I feel kind of justified.

Sadly this excludes a lot of folk from getting updates on how my family is doing.

The reason I think I do this is that my favorite blog is more along the same lines as this one. That person is quite a bit smarter than I am (don't get a big head Evan), and has some great thoughts on politics and life and I really enjoy his posts.

Everyone that's not Evan (I think there are four of you haha) please don't feel slighted. I do enjoy your posts too. I'm just trying to explain why it is that I post the types of things that I do.

In an effort to see how many people actually read this though, I'd like comments on a specific topic.

"What should I do when I grow up?" And by I, I actually mean me. The person writing currently. If you know where this blog is and follow it at all, then you know me personally and have some sense of the things that I'm good at. Please think about what I currently do and throw that out the window. I'd really like suggestions about what you've observed I'm good at and things that you've seen me doing when I've been happy, actually smiling.

I will not take offense to any suggestion, so feel free to write anything. The only suggestion that I will be displeased with is some form of "Only you can know what you should do for a living!" That type of answer is not what I'm looking for here.

5 comments:

Mamaface said...

I know, and you know that I know. I don't want to flavor anyone's comments though so I'll refrain for a certain amount of time.

The Metcalf Five said...

I enjoy your thought provoking blogs. They make my brain work or maybe just function for more than a split second. Would you be interested in writing of some kind? Although I know you, I haven't had the chance to be around you for more than a vacation kind of setting. Usually in a fun silly setting.....you are good at that too, BTW. Comedy??

Brian and Beth said...

I think you're really good at bringing out the best in kids. You seem pretty happy around children. (At least you are much less annoyed with children than I am.) You like teaching kids about music, how to play chess. You even liked getting Dallin to stretch his creativity at Grandmama Hubler's during Tayolr's wedding. I don't have a job title for that though. Your a good Dad & Uncle but nobody gets paid for that. Stink! Let me think about it more.-Beth

Brian and Beth said...

OK. I've got it! You guys are opening up a family friendly restaurant/comedy club called "The Riddle Place" that will serve your creative recipes you are always experimenting with and serve non-alcoholic mixed drinks to drive in the LDS singles crowd. Then you can show off your brothers & sisters by making them do their acts, right? Complete with open-mic night & karaoke? If I guessed correctly does that mean Brian & I get a free appetizer or dessert when we visit? - Beth (again)

Chuck said...

Beth wins!

Nothing like that, but if I do decide to do it will you and Brian help me run it?